- This event has passed.
September 12, 2014 - September 14, 2014Free
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Cabot AtriumAPPLY NOW
The BWH Hackathon in collaboration with the Brigham Innovation Hub and MIT Hacking Medicine will bring together inventive, forward-thinking minds to change the status quo and create the next generation of solutions in healthcare today. The event will bring together a diverse, multidisciplinary group to “pitch” problems impacting healthcare, develop solutions over a two-day period (NVbots has generously offered to sponsor 3D printers at the hack!), and then present demos of solutions to a panel of judges for recognition and honors.
The event provides a unique opportunity to collaborate with experts in a variety of fields and novices with infectious passion, pitch an idea for transforming a current health care process and then, together, ‘hack’ or devise a real solution. These solutions could be as straightforward as a wireframe sketch, or might require running to a local store for parts to build a prototype, or reaching out to a physician to ask a pressing question for a mobile app. Whatever the process may be, the ultimate result could be the beginning of the next big health care transformation.
End the weekend with a team, new connections, and prizes with potential access to BWH’s Innovation Hub resources, and a hack on its first steps towards disrupting healthcare. Past teams at hackathons just like this one have gone on to found companies, enter business plan competitions (MIT 100K), join an accelerator, and secure venture funding. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, apply now!
Friday, September 12, 2014 – 3:00PM | Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Cabot Atrium, 45 Francis Street, Boston, MA
- 3:00 PM: Reception for Hackathon Kickoff begins
- 3:00-5:00 PM: Internal Networking for Clinicians
- 5:00 – 7:00 PM: Panel with clinicians for external participants
- 6:15 PM: Hackathon introductions
Saturday, September 13, 2014 – 8:00AM | Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Cabot Atrium, 45 Francis Street, Boston, MA
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast Starts
- 9:00 AM: Introductions/Ground Rules
- 9:15 AM: Speaker (To Be Announced)
- 9:45 AM: Problem Pitches
- 10:30 AM: Participants Mingle
- 11:15 AM: Solution Pitches
- 12:00 PM: Teams start to form
- 12:30 PM: Lunch Starts,
- 6:00 PM: Dinner Starts
- 10:00 PM: Day 1 ends
Sunday, September 14, 2014 – 8:00AM | Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Cabot Atrium, 45 Francis Street, Boston, MA
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast Starts
- 8:00 AM-1:30 PM: Teams work on projects
- 12:00 PM: Lunch
- 2:00 PM: Team Presentations
- 3:30 PM: State of the iHub
- 3:50 PM: Announcement of Prizes
- 4:15 PM: Networking opportunity: Reception Cabot Atrium
- 5:15 PM: Day 2 ends